WW5

If World War I was against the Kaiser and World War II was against Hitler and Japan, then the Cold War has been described as World War III. The War against Muslim extremists would then be World War IV. So what is World War V to be? How about an economic war between China, with its centrally controlled government, against the western democracies.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Taiping, Perak, Malaysia

Monday, July 24, 2006

Illegal Immigration


As to immigration - my position:

(A) The U.S. should control its southern border.

(B) Recent illegal immigrants (up to last five years) should be returned to their country of origin.

(C) Illegal immigrants who can prove they have been in the U.S. for over five years, have no criminal record, are fluent in English, and show they are supporting themselves and their family may go through a process that will eventually give them citizenship.

(D) Employers of more than 10 illegals should get jail time.

My reasoning is three fold:

(1) - There is no practical solution I know of that would accomplish a 100% expulsion of illegals.

(2) - We have a legal tradition in America of eminent domain and statute of limitations which suggests to me that if we do not take action in response to a transgression within some reasonable time, then the opportunity to take action expires.

(3) - We do have a long tradition of being a nation of immigrants and most of us are descendants of immigrants.

Regardless of my position, I am incensed that my government has twiddled and shuffled and ignored this festering problem year after year after year -- they are all bums and all of them should be thrown out of office.

1 Comments:

Blogger Acceptable said...

I haven't dropped by on blogger for quite a while. Your post was the first one I saw when I made the mistake of coming back. Why on Earth am I following you? Am I following you?

Thursday, February 27, 2020 9:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home